Masjid Al-Wahyain Islamic Center is a mixed and diverse, growing Muslim community comprising of different backgrounds located in the hub of Minneapolis / St. Paul Minnesota, USA striving to be upon the Qur’an & Sunnah according to the understanding of the of the the beloved companions of the Messenger of Allah ( ﷺ ), and righteous early generations of Muslims (salaf us-saalih).
Masjid Al-Wahyain Islamic Center was established not on the basis of nationality or any form of partisanship, rather we have come together to unite ourselves under the pure call and methodology of the pious predecessors, under the guidance of the well-grounded Scholars of this blessed ummah.
Masjid Al-Waḥyain Islamic Center has vision plan centered around establishing a community based only upon authentic knowledge and returning affairs to the qualified scholars of Islam. Our vision is summarized with the following;
- Tasfiyah (Purification) & Tarbiyah (Cultivation) of the people upon the Qurʽān and Sunnah from the authentic sources – disseminated in the language that is accessible to the people.
- Being Transparent, Manifest & Clear in our Call & Methodology (also known as al-wuḍūh).
- Connecting the People to the Grounded Scholars of this Ummah.
- Cooperation & Collaboration with the various Masājid in the United States / Canada / UK & Worldwide who maintain the pure methodology of the pious predecessors [for more info on this methodology, please visit our articles section of the website].
- Strong Focus on Disseminating Authentic Knowledge from its correct sources in educating the people through various mediums such as;
o Classes / Lectures
- At-Tamyīz (Differentiation): Aligning our efforts with those who properly uphold the principles of the Aqeedah (Creed) & Methodology of the Salaf us-Saalih (righteous predecessors), and distancing ourselves from organizations & groups who have added / innovated in religion (people of religious innovation), in order to provide and maintain the clarity in the pure authentic call to Islam.
o Educating the people regarding the Sunnah (guidance of the Prophet (ﷺ))
o Implementation of it in its various forms
o Making clear that which opposes it (bid’ah – religious innovation)
o Freeing ourselves from those who falsely / improperly apply the religion (people of innovation)
- Warning Against Deviant / Extremist Calls & Ideologies. We strive based upon the guidance’s of the scholars to counter extremism in all its forms. We also aim to provide clarity in the reality of the extremist calls and expose the methods used by fanatical preachers to lure our youth to extremism.
Please see our video series entitled: “Warning Against ISIS & Khārijī Ideologies in Our Era“
Advisory & Counsel Under the Mashaykh [Scholars]
Masjid Al-Wahyain regularly seeks advice and guidance from our noble mashaykh (scholars) of Islam.
We have adopted the methodology Ahl Al-Sunnah of returning to our noble scholars in affairs of religion regarding the spread of the da’wah in this region.
- Shaykh Fawwāz al Madkhalī [Jīzān, KSA]
This is a testament to our methodology and vision plan of returning our affairs to the scholars of this Ummah. May Allah preserve our noble scholars.
Masjid Services & Activities
We offer a number of services for the community
General Services to Local Community:
o Five daily prayers
o Communal Ifṭār
- Weekend Seminars: Masjid al-Waḥyain establishes regular weekend seminars with well-known students of knowledge and callers to Islām. The Masjid has hosted several seminars with Islāmic University graduates and well-known callers to Islām in America.
- Weekend School (Madrasah Al-Wahyain Academy): Masjid al-Waḥyain has established a weekend Qurʾān School (Madrasah al-Waḥyain Academy) which teaches Qurʾān memorization as well as other important subjects such as cre
ed (ʿaqīdah) and Islāmic jurisprudence (fiqh) to nearly one hundred students.
Da’wah and Community Outreach Efforts:
- Helping non-Muslims in their path towards Islam:
- Assisted Shahadah: Several non-Muslims have embraced Islām at Masjid al-Waḥyain since its opening four years ago.
- New Muslim Care Package: Every new Muslim has been given a care package to assist them in establishing their feet firmly in Islām.
- Mentoring: Each new Muslim is connected with established Muslims from the community in order to provide support and to help ease their transition into Islām.
- Video Fatāwá: Since opening, Masjid al-Waḥyain has produced almost one hundred short translated videos which convey the recorded religious verdicts of some of the most well-known scholars of the Sunnah into English. These videos cover a variety of different topics but tend to focus on issues which are the source of the most confusion and misunderstanding in the region.
Authentic Local Bookstore (Maktabah Al-Wahyain Bookstore)
- Selling of Authentic Islamic Books: The Masjid bookstore (Maktabah al- al-Waḥyain) sells over 130 different titles from various scholars past and present. From the likes of Shaykh al-Islām Ibn Taymiyyah and Ibn al-Qayyim to more contemporary scholars like Shaykh al-Albānī, Shaykh al-ʿUthaymīn, Shaykh Fawzān and others, the Masjid al-Waḥyain bookstore offers local Muslims access to English books that are otherwise unavailable in the region.